One of the most important tasks to deal with when moving house in UAE is moving your home’s internet connection to a new address. If you’re not sure about the process, here’s a complete guide on how to move your internet connection to your new home anywhere in UAE, along with the estimated time and cost. There are two main service providers for home internet connections: Etisalat eLife and Du Home Connections. Here’s how to transfer a connection.
Du Connection Relocation Procedure
If you want to move from Dubai, the transfer process at Du home is easy. With du, you can move your home internet service to a new location in no time! Continue reading to learn more about the Du home connection moving process and moving costs.
Move Du Connection To The New Location
You can request a house relocation service through the official website.
- After signing in to your account, go to one of your home services (Broadband, Wired, or TV) and select ‘Move to a new home’.
- Fill out the information form to submit a request for moving services.
- You must provide your current and new address, proof of new title or tenancy, or family proof if the title is not in your name.
- A customer representative will contact you within 3 business days of submitting your request to confirm your request and schedule a technician to visit your new home for installation.
When you move your internet connection to your new house, you can take your WiFi router, TV set-top box, and other cables to the new address. A technician will install the equipment in your new home.
The above procedures apply when you move to a new location in Dubai. When moving between Emirates, some Du Home plans may not be available in other Emirates. In this case, we recommend that you cancel your current subscription at no additional cost. If you have questions about home internet connection transfers, please call 800-155.
Etisalat Connection Relocation Procedure
Looking for a way to transfer your Etisalat eLife connection to another location? Etisalat has a simple process for setting up WiFi in your new home.
Like Du, Etisalat customers can also request a home internet transfer service.
Move Your Etisalat Internet Connection To A New Location
- Download the My Etisalat app on your phone. You can find it in the App Store and Google Play.
- You must provide your new address, date of move, and a valid landline phone number of your new home. You can also provide your Etisalat ID or Makani number of the new address.
- The eLife connection to the old address is then closed.
- An Etisalat customer representative will call to schedule a technician visit to your new home to install the eLife connection. Visits by the technician are made within 7 working days of the Etisalat home transfer request.
You will need to bring your Wi-Fi router and TV setup box to a new address so that the technician can complete the installation in your new home.
According to Etisalat, the process of moving an eLife connection between Emirates is equivalent to moving to a new location in Dubai. Call Etisalat at 800-101 for more information on how to transfer internet service to your new home.
How soon to start a home connection moving process?
It is best to start the process of relocating your internet connection at least a week before your move date. This allows you to schedule a technician visit as close to your move date as possible.
How much does a Du cost to move a home internet connection?
Moving a connection to a new home will be charged an additional AED 150 on your next bill.
How much does Etisalat connection transfer cost?
The Etisalat eLife promotion costs AED 150 (excluding VAT). Their technicians can advise if you need additional wiring for your new home at an additional cost of AED 150 to AED 300.
That concludes our guide on how to move your home internet connection to your new home in UAE! As you can see, applying for a Du or Etisalat home connection relocation is an easy process. If you’re relocating, take a look at the different home internet packages available in UAE to find the one that suits your needs.
You can also make your move easier by hiring one of the best moving companies in the UAE. If you just want to hire a mover, read our helpful tips on packing for your move.
Moving to another emirate? Check out our guide to moving from Dubai to Abu Dhabi and find out the steps you need to take before you move.
Meanwhile, if you are moving to Dubai, you may need to apply for a special relocation permit depending on the location of your new home. For a hassle-free moving experience, visit our blogs for house moving tips and tricks guide.