By “personal information” we mean information that can be associated with a specific person and can be used to identify that person.
- We do not consider anonymised information to constitute personal information as it cannot be used to identify a specific person. We collect personal information from you when you use Helpire or its related websites and services (“Site”) (including, without limitation, when you buy and sell service or when you telephone or email our customer support team).
- Our collection of your personal information
- Our use of your personal information
- Your use of your and other users’ personal information
- Accessing, reviewing and amending your personal information
- Third party website links
- No spam or spoof emails
- Protecting your personal information
- On modifications of Website Policies and Terms & Conditions
- How you can contact us about privacy questions
Our collection of your personal information
- As part of your request for contact on the Site, you will be asked to provide us with certain personal information, such as your name, email, contact number, whatsapp number, address and other similar information as well as some additional information about your service or other identifying information.
Additionally, in order for us to verify your identity, we may need to request from you valid proof of identification (e.g. in the form of a copy of your passport, resident’s visa or permit, national ID card and/or driver’s license).
- We will collect transactional information based on your activities using the Site (such as buying and selling services), This transactional information is used solely in relation to the transactions you undertake on the Site and for no other reasons.
- Please note that we may use your Internet protocol (or IP) address (which is a unique number assigned to your computer server or your Internet service provider (or ISP)) to analyse user trends and improve the administration of the Site.
- We may also collect information about your computer (for example, browser type) and navigation information (for example, the pages you visit on the Site) along with the times that you access the Site.
- All credit/debit cards details and personally identifiable information will NOT be stored, sold, shared, rented or leased to any third parties.
Finally, we may collect additional information from or about you in other ways not specifically described here.
For example, we may collect information related to your contact with our customer support team or store results when you respond to a survey.
We may also collect feedback ratings and other comments relating to your use of the Site.
Where we aggregate personal information for statistical purposes, such aggregated personal information shall be anonymized.
Our use of your personal information
- We only use your personal information to provide services and customer support to you; to measure and improve our services to you; to prevent illegal activities and implement our user agreement with you (“User Agreement”); troubleshoot problems; collect fees; provide you with promotional emails and verify information you give us with third parties. For example, we may share some of the personal information you give us with banks or credit card authorisation, processing and verification services or with third parties for fraud screening purposes.
- Though we make every effort to preserve your privacy, we may need to disclose your personal information to law enforcement agencies, government agencies or other third parties where we are compelled so to do by court order or similar legal procedure; where we are required to disclose your personal information to comply with law; where we are cooperating with an ongoing law enforcement investigation or where we have a good faith belief that our disclosure of your personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity or to investigate a possible violation of our User Agreement.
- In the event of a sale of Helpire, any of its affiliates and subsidiaries or any related business assets, your personal information may be disclosed to any potential purchaser for the purposes of the continued provision of the Site or otherwise in relation to any such sale.
- We may share your personal information with our other group companies so as to provide joint content and services to you, to help detect illegal acts and/or the violations of our policies.
- This contact information will be the personal information provided by you to us on registration and, as a result, should always be kept up-to-date.
- Additionally, information relating to services you are buying or selling you are participating in be displayed on the Site. This information can include details of your user ID, feedback ratings and associated comments relating to your use of the Site. Otherwise, we will only disclose your personal information to a third party with your express permission.
- By registering on the Site, you give us your express consent to receive promotional emails about our services and emails announcing changes to, and new features on, the Site.
- If, at any time, you decide that you do not wish to receive any such emails, you can opt out of receiving such emails by clicking on the link at the bottom of any of the emails or by sending an email to email@example.com.
- Additionally, we do use comments made by you about the Site for marketing purposes and by making such comments you expressly consent to our using such comments for marketing purposes.
Our use of your and other users’ personal information
- In order to ensure appropriate charging of Fees and to enforce these Terms, Helpire may track the occurrence of communications between Customer Members and Service Members that occur off of the Platform via email, phone call, SMS text message, third-party websites, or any other means, whether initiated by a Customer Member or Service Member. In order to track the occurrence of such communications, Helpire may obscure Service Member contact information in a Service Member profile, replace Service Member contact information in a Service Member profile with a different piece of contact information that will forward to the Service Member, or take any other step reasonably calculated to track the occurrence of such communications. Except as explicitly stated herein, we will not record or review the content of any communications that do not come into contact with the Helpire Platform unless we first obtain your permission.
If you send text messages with a Customer Member or Service Member using the telephone number for that Member available on the Platform, we may use a third-party service provider to track these text messages. We track these text messages for fraud prevention, to ensure appropriate charging of Fees, to enforce these Terms, and for quality and training purposes. As part of this process, Helpire and its service provider will receive in real time and store data about your text message, including the date and time of the text message, your phone number, and the content of the text message.
- We cannot guarantee the privacy of your personal information when you share personal information with other Site members so you should always seek information on the privacy and security policies of any other Site members with whom you are transacting prior to sharing any of your personal information with another Site member.
- You agree to use any personal information received from another Site member in relation to a transaction on the Site solely in relation to such transaction and shall not use the information received from another Site member for any other purposes (except with the express consent of the other Site member).
- You acknowledge and agree and you shall use personal information received from another Site member in accordance with all applicable laws.
Accessing, reviewing and amending your personal information
- You can access and review your personal information in the My Account section of the Site.
- If your personal information changes in any way or is incorrectly presented on the Site you should immediately update or correct your personal information (as applicable) by accessing the My Account section on the Site or, alternatively, by contacting our customer support team.
- The “Contact Us” link at the top of each Site webpage contains our customer support email and phone details.
- Please note that we shall retain your personal information during and following the end of your use of the Site as required to comply with law, for technical troubleshooting requirements, to prevent fraud, to assist in any legal investigations and to take any other actions otherwise permitted by law.
Third party website links
- Like many websites, the Site uses ‘cookie’ technology (small computer files placed on your computer’s hard drive). When you go to particular website pages on the Site, the cookie identifies your browser with a unique, random number.
- The cookies we use do not reveal any personal information about you. Cookies help us improve your experience of the Site and also help us understand which parts of the Site are the most popular. You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of the Site.
No spam or spoof emails
We do not tolerate spam. To report Site related spam or spoof emails, please forward the email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may not use our communication tools to send spam or otherwise send content that would violate our User Agreement. We automatically scan and may manually filter messages to check for spam, viruses, phishing attacks and other malicious activity or illegal or prohibited content.
Protecting your personal information
- We hold your personal information on servers located in the United Kingdom and the United States.
- By providing us with personal information, you consent to the transfer of your personal information to, and its storage on, our servers located in the United Kingdom and/or the United States. We take every precaution to safeguard all your personal information from unauthorised access, use or disclosure.
- All personal information is encrypted.
However, the Internet is not a secure medium and we cannot guarantee the privacy of your personal information.
- You must enter your email and contact number each time you want to send request for contact.
- If you are concerned that your contact details or information has been compromised, please contact our customer support team immediately.
On modifications of Website Policies and Terms & Conditions
The Website Policies and Terms & Conditions may be changed or updated occasionally to meet the requirements and standards. Therefore the Customers’ are encouraged to frequently visit these sections in order to be updated about the changes on the website. Modifications will be effective on the day they are posted.
How you can contact us about privacy questions
If you have questions or concerns about our collection and use of your personal information, please contact our customer support team at the “Contact us” link at the top of any Site webpage.