Renovation means hiring professionals whether big or small. This can be a difficult experience, so these helpful tips have made it easier.
- Check the legal requirements for the job
- Get all quotes in writing
- Build professional relationships
- Be aware of timings and potential delays.
- Receipts, warranties, and guarantees
Check the legal requirements for the job
- Will your handyman need a license?
- Do you require any permits or approval?
- Are there requirements for a certificate of compliance?
- Do you require a written contract or agreement?
- Does a handyman need insurance?
- Are there occupational health and safety requirements? If you need to build scaffolding.
Receive all quotes in writing. The quote should include:
- Detailed information – about what is covered by the scope of work.
- Company details – account details, license (if applicable), contact details.
- Agreed schedule – indicating how long the task will take and when it will be finished.
- Terms of payment – advance payment, progress payment, payment after completion of work.
- Your professional must offer multiple payment options.
Build a professional relationship through clear communication
- Make sure you are satisfied before hiring handyman.
- If you need to make a difference in the agreement, be sure to put it in writing before the job is completed. Keep in mind that estimates can change when you add or change parts of a business.
- When you call a sales representative, please allow 24 hours for a callback. Some experts might be working and unable to return your call right away.
Be mindful of the timeframe and any potential delays
- Always consider holidays or long vacations (Eid, Christmas, etc.). Do not hesitate to ask if there are scheduled holidays that may prevent you from completing your work earlier.
- Consider a few significant delays.
- Give the task as much time as you can to complete. This will accommodate the last-minute delay.
Receipts, warranties, and guarantees
- Always make sure to pay with cash.
- If your work comes with a warranty or guarantee, make sure to get it in writing. They must specify what is included and for how long.
- A professional can give instructions after the job if needed (i.e. don’t touch the paint for a few hours). Follow all the indications given by handyman. This will allow you to get the most out of your work.